11.09.2008

Recruiting in the SCA

I'm getting frustrated. It gets colder and after our event we hold as a group and suddenly members stop coming to meetings. I want to be involved in an active group. Unfortunatly, the group is only active at times, and even then it's sparse.

So I'm taking on the responsibility myself to get some recruitment going. Many of the current members are not interested in recruitment and are just happy with things the way they are.

For this weekends meeting I specifically emailed asking if anyone was even going to show to the meeting. I have the key and I didn't want to drive the 15-20 minutes to be there by myself.

So I started talking with another member, who if the group was active, she would consider herself a member but is frustrated by other members lack of want to get and retain members. We are meeting at a coffee house to talk before the meeting.

I've already emailed all current and past members of our group with a very short questionaire to answer and return to give me more feedback. Hopefully I get some sort of response, from anyone.

I'm coming up with a list of places to post a flyer with pull tabs to attract people in the community.

I'm crossing my fingers it works. It's getting harder and harder each year to pull off our little event. I hope this can at least bring in a few new members and that we can retain them!

If you have any ideas for me as well, please comment with it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments: