12.19.2009

I think this:
www.divorcesupport.about.com/od/abusiverelationships/a/pass_agg.htm
fits curt to a T.

I'm living in a cycle that I can only break when I have enough courage to finally do so.

I was shocked (but I assume you guys who read this are not) but how much he fits this.

I have been going to the women's group once a week - well it's off for 3 weeks due to christmas now. But, I go and sit and listen to the other women talk. They are all away or trying to divorce thier abusers. And there I sit listening...

I always think of how bad thier situation is and that I don;t have it so bad. That I shouldn't be going there. That what he does isn't so bad. I wonder why I'm there. I think I shouldn't be there. I think I shouldn't leave him because everyone will just think i'm nuts and have no good reason and look at me like I'm stupid and selfish for leaving.

Then I read the website above and it totally fit him almost every word in it. And I think, Am I crazy? I feel like I must be crazy.

Half the time I think we are saying the same thing to eachother. As in the frustrations... Makes me think, this isn't all his fault. I'm to blame as well. Maybe I'm just as bad as him? What if I'm worse? What if this is all me? Like I said I'm crazy. I can't see anything straight anymore. I don;t know if this is just him getting me to think this way and think i'm crazy, or if it's true. I just don;t know anymore

1 comment:

corscorp said...

When your meetings start back it is time to start saying this stuff out loud. You need to hear your own voice say it. You need to get it out so your thoughts become clearer. The more you talk about it the more you'll begin to understand the truth. Finding the truth is hard work. You have to wade through a lot of muck to get to it. You can do it, Mel, because you're stronger and smarter than you think. I am so proud of you for taking this first step and going to these meetings. Be proud of yourself and keep moving forward. Those of us who love you are holding you up, always.