The organization for DV I've been going to weekly for meetings had a christmas party for all their clients. I decided to go and take the kids.
We get there and the kids are ok, Josie acted up a bit, but wasn't too horrible.
I notice that dh's old boss was there and only then did it occur to me that he's on the Board of Directors for this organization...lovely. DH doesn't know that I go to this place. And I can totally see this guy telling others I was there. True people use this organization for a variety of reasons, but I'm sure he'd probably not gleem dh in a good light.It's mostly all confidential there so I doubt he'd say nothing, but i wouldn't put it past him. Especially since dh is looking for a job and all. Seeing as they know a LOT of the same people and everything, just might be a bad thing.
Anyways
They had dinner. It was a very nice variety of foods. Then they had tons of crafts for the kids. Then they had Santa come and each kid got to sit on his lap. They then were each given a stuffed animal and a book. They had a bunch of food and pop left over so they bagged it up for people to take, so we got some of that. Then they said they had gift bags for everyone. That was super nice I thought! :)
So I go to the room to get the bag for me and the kids. They had boxes out of blanket and big stuffed animals the kids could take so i got a blanket for each (handmade quilts) and a animal for josie. They went and got our bags. They came back with 5 (!!!!) large garbage bags full of things! One bag for each of us and then an extra bag for each kid!!! OMG!! I asked if they were serious?! They said they had tons and happy holidays. And we should feel free to give some things to family and friends. They carried it to the car even.
After getting home and getting the kids to dh i went through the bags in my room. WOW, just WOW! Tons of toys, blankets, stuffed animals for the kids. Plus a bag of bath items, picture frame, and more for me! WOW! I'm just in awe of the kindness and generosity of people. We weren't going to have much of a christmas. I got a few useful items from a group, but most were things like clothes and items that weren't toys. I'm just in shock. We got so much stuff that the kids have toys for christmas, i'll set stuff aside for their birthday's and I have more to give to Niece's and other kids in our family.
People are wonderful and so very kind. I'm so thankful!
12.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds wonderful! I am always amazed at the kindness of strangers. Don't forget to find your local Toys for Tots!
Find it to donate to?? Ours has already stopped accepting gifts as of either 11th or 15th.
Post a Comment